Consciousness is key in a healthy Lifestyle
Be aware of what you put in your body. Eating with intention & knowing the source of your food. How it can impact on your immune system and your body’s other defenses is holistic eating. It’s a vital part of practicing mindfulness and living a more connected life. Once aware of foods and how they effect your body, you will see benefits in your waist, mood, and well being. Several essential guidelines tend to stay intact across the Holistic variations. Some see it as an attractive trend with elements they can pick and choose from. While others stick to a long list of dos and don’ts. Whatever your path, adhering to basic food fundamentals will get you on track.
- Water:Eight glasses of water a day is an age old health recommendation. Stay away from sugary beverages!
- Raw:Raw food is always best. In a world where people seek to consume convenient processed foods. Stand out and stay away! Raw foods contain enriched enzymes and nutrients.
- Local:Know where your food comes from. Farmers markets are a easy way to guarantee that.
- Organic:Avoid pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and other unhealthy yet common components of foods.
- Whole Grains:Processing foods causes nutrient lose, but particularly grains. Keep the natural nutrients, seek breads, rices and pastas labeled as whole grain. Also look for raw potatoes, quinoa, flax, and oats.
- Essential Fatty Acids:Good fats are necessary for nutrition. Go with Whole Milk, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, & Cheese in general are all great fatty foods. Be sure to stat away from fat free labels. I know that sounds strange, but your body needs fat to burn fat. Organic coconut oil is a healthy substitute to cook with. Omega 3 is essential and found in flax seed & fish like salmon.
- Variety:Mixing it up is a surefire way to gather a strong range of nutrients. Try to eat lots of Fatty food & proteins combined with good raw green veggies. Ad in a balance of whole grains each day.
- Meal Prepping:As busy as life gets it can be tough to follow these fundamentals when out and about. Look to meal prepping portions of food for every 3 to 4 hours. Carry a cooler with meals & water so you have no excuse for eating toxin filled processed convenience food.
- Portion Control:Its best to eat small portions of food every 3 to 4 hours. This will keep your body’s metabolism high & your hunger levels down.
With a simple fundamental plan to eating you are sure to change your lifestyle. You will start looking, feeling, and being more healthy. Your sleep will get better at night, and your energy through the day will be better. You’ll notice that the fad diets you once turned to are a bunch of hype.